Information about this service
This service enables you to speak to or meet with a pharmacist if you run out of your regularly prescribed medicines/appliances or require help and advice with a minor illness, rather than having to visit a GP or A&E. To do so, you must call NHS 111.
Benefits this service
- This service diverts patients away from urgent core systems to community pharmacies and therefore releases pressure on such systems to enable them to focus on treating higher severity conditions
- Improves the conveniences for patients who have run out of their medicines or need advice on their minor illness due to accessibility of community pharmacies and a pharmacists advice
- Improves the awareness of pharmacies as the first port of call for minor conditions and get urgent medication access and support
What Our team do
When you are referred to the pharmacy of your choice for an emergency medicine request, the pharmacist will assess the suitability and legality of whether they can supply the relevant medicine(s) and/or appliance(s).
When you are referred to the pharmacy of your choice for a referral for a minor condition, the pharmacist will provide you with self-management advice and support for treating your condition and sell you an over-the counter medicine if required. Alternatively, they will refer you to your GP, out of hours service or signpost you to another service.
Where can this service be located?
This service can be accessed at all of our pharmacies. Click the links below to navigate to your chosen pharmacy;
- Atherton Road Pharmacy >>
- Barnton Pharmacy >>
- Blackhorse Pharmacy >>
- Bradlegh Road Pharmacy >>
- Clayton Pharmacy >>
- Garswood Pharmacy >>
- Heatons Pharmacy >>
- Ince Green Pharmacy >>
- Market Pharmacy >>
- Wigan Mesnes Street Pharmacy >>
- Millfields Pharmacy >>
- Moorside Pharmacy >>
- Sale Pharmacy >>
- Village Pharmacy >>
- West End Pharmacy >>
- West Street Pharmacy >>